5 reasons to offer a benefits plan
If you don’t offer an employee benefits plan yet, there are sound business reasons for doing so, it can help you:
- Attract and retain employees in competitive markets. A well-designed group benefits package can help your business recruit top talent, reduce turnover costs, and boost employee satisfaction.
- Protect your most important asset, your workforce. A benefits package doesn’t just protect you and your employees, it makes your workforce feel appreciated and cared-for – and that matters to a significant number of people.
- Compensate your employees in a tax-efficient way. Without a plan, your employees pay for uninsured health expenses with after-tax income. Your plan can be designed to cover these expenses using before-tax income – leaving more money in your employees’ pockets, without incurring more payroll taxes. And premium payments are a deductible business expense.
- Maintain your productivity. When it’s easy for employees to get the help they need – whether it’s counselling, glasses or dental surgery – and when they don’t have to worry about their finances, they (and the people around them) can stay focused at work.
- Relieve stress around financial support. If the worst should happen, benefits allow you and your employees to support a co-worker and their family without worrying about how they are surviving financially.
If you’re new to benefits, it’s essential to use a good broker. In today’s competitive market, Sea to Sky can help you find the best available plan for your budget – we have a passion for helping new businesses get on the right track!
Wondering if a benefits plan will fit into your budget?
Once we know your needs, we can give you a proposal – with no obligation. Please call Sea to Sky at 778-378-5433 or send an email to [email protected]
Sea to Sky is mobile. We serve clients from Whistler to the Lower Mainland, in the BC Interior, and on Vancouver Island.